What is Runnics?
First European marketplace focused on running, fitness and sport fashion. Runnics is the place to buy sports and casual sneakers, clothing and accessories oriented to people that practice motivational sports to feel better. We connect sports and healthy life style with casual fashion. Best Spanish Marketplace 2017 at Barcelona eawards.
- online marketplaces
WHY INVEST IN RUNNICS?
- Strong and very experienced team and shareholders with successful track record in other ecommerce and internet start-ups.
- Ecommerce has a great space to grow especially in Spain and it is growing at 15% annually across Europe.
- The Marketplace model allows to publish and sell a great number of products without any stock and logistics. Operational structure is very light and radically more efficient than traditional merchants.
- Running, fitness and other motivational sports to be practiced not a professional level and oriented to feel good, stronger and healthier life are in constant growth all over the world.
- Average ticket 86€, way above the average sale in ecommerce.
- Business model based in content and organic growth. Two thirds of the total website traffic is organic, representing a great opportunity for growth, using an optimized marketing strategy.
Eduardo Berrocal Ruiz
CEO de Runnics. Emprendedor y gestor experto en ecommerce e internet
José María Torroja
Angel Investor at TouristEye, Ducksboard and Gigas
Entrepreneur - Angel - Advisor. Private investor at Danka Capital
AGENTES Y ASESORES FINANCIEROS, S.L.
José María Torroja
Plug and Play Spain
Who is the reference investor?
About Ismael El-QudsiCEO de Internet República y fundador de SocialPubli.com y SocialReacher.com. Fui miembro de la aceleradora Fivelab y actualmente soy cofundador de la aceleradora Conector Madrid. Socio fundador de la AIEI (Asociación de Emprendedores e Inversores de Internet).
Facts & Figures
- Years of experience in the sector: 17
- Investments in Startups: 5
Runnics fulfils the Company profile in which we are interested to invest.
On the one hand, it belongs to the ecommerce sector. We do think it is a sector with great potential growth especially in Spain. Our country is one fourth of other European Markets like France or Germany.
At the same time it is a marketplace, what makes the company more attractive to us. In our opinion the future of ecommerce lies on the marketplace model. Companies based on offer aggregation in many different sectors like Airbnb, Booking and of course Alibaba or Amazon constitute a clear example.
We also believe that you have to work in a niche, be specialized in order to be successful. The world of not professional sports linked with fashion it is very innovative and different and we think it is perfectly applicable to any given geography.
The management team and particularly his CEO, Eduardo Berrocal is very important for us. He was pioneer in the ecommerce sector in Spain opening a successful online DVD store in 1999. It was one of the first success stories of the ecommerce in Spain. Berrocal has also achieved to gather an impressive group of shareholders coming from other successful internet and ecommerce businesses.
At Internet República, our main Company and investor vehicle we are particularly interested in investing in companies where we can provide something else than capital. The fact that Runnics is based on an organic model growth and that our agency is focused in SEO makes a very complementary match to be part of the company.