Understanding the investment opportunity
Calíope is the first APP in Spanish designed to enhance the sexual well-being of women through audio guides designed by psychologists, sexologists and specialists. It consists of a section of erotic audio stories recorded by professional actors and another section of sexual and personal well-being designed by psychologists and sexologists. With more than 800,000 minutes listened to on Calliope in just 6 months, it is clear that there is a need to be filled in the sexual and mental health education market. The sexual health market is estimated at $37.2 billion in 2023 according to Statista and $37 billion according to Forbes.
Times are changing and it is time to destigmatize sex, it is something that needs to be talked about and that is also the opinion of more than 30,000 registered users so far. We are born from the reality that one out of every two women suffers from sexual problems. This is due to a lack of education and self-knowledge (Calliope). These problems affect not only the intimate life of women but also their mental health. Our mission is to help and accompany these women to reach a state of full well-being in which they can enjoy their sexuality in a natural way and without taboos through the content created by professionals in the sector: our team of sexologists and psychologists.
We live in a society in which the empowerment of women is a trend and not just a fashion. Now that we are in a time of change, Calliope aims to be a world leader in the field of female sexual wellness.
Lingüista, creadora de contenido y emprendedora desde sus 24 años. Trabajando desde 2012 en marketing online y toda una eminencia en redes.
Influencer y creador de contenido y estrategia para marcas en redes sociales. Empezó con apenas 15 años y acumula millones de seguidores.
Angel Suarez Aguilera
Emprendedor desde una edad muy temprana ha creado diversas empresas. Ha dirigido equipos desde los 19 años en diferentes países.
Reasons to invest View more data
- Rocío Romero, CEO of Calíope is an eminence in social networks since its inception. She has more than 2 million followers on her social networks and is a role model for many women. David Calvo, CMO, has more than 3 million followers and extensive experience in digital marketing, having founded his own digital strategy company at the age of 19.
- Calliope enters at the best time in a disruptive and booming market such as sexual and mental health. Proof of this is the growth in just two years of apps like Calliope aimed at the English market. Dipsea has closed a round of 3 MM dollars in April, which is the reference for Calliope.
- With more than 30,000 registered users in 6 months, Calliope is positioning itself as the Spanish Dipsea. Having in the sexual and mental health team collaborators such as Dr. Rosa and Ana Molina (both references in the academic world), Nayara Malnero, sexologist with her own radio program in the ser or Ana Sierra candidate for the top most influential women of 2020 give credibility and veracity to the project.
- Erotic audio stories are a revolution in the area of female sexuality. Studies such as that of the Kinsey Institute confirm that 90% of women prefer to use erotic audio to get in tune because they are more auditory and less visual. Calliope has audio stories with a duration of between 7 and 10 minutes that have more than 1000 hours of playback.
- The Startup in its short run was selected for Seed Rocket's Home School, as well as later invited to Seed Rocket's 2021 Entrepreneur Campus.
- Since our launch, on December 15, 2020, we have been featured in renowned media such as El Mundo, La Vanguardia, 20 Minutos or esVivir.