What is Neki?
Neki creates locator devices integrated into everyday accessories, which do not stigmatize the person because they adapt perfectly to his day-to-day life, and which allow him to maintain his autonomy while providing vital information and security to his relatives.
The risks faced by the elderly or dependent people (or independent people who are liable to become disoriented or fall) cause a great deal of unrest among family members.
However, the elderly usually try to maintain their independence and defend their autonomy, even though they are losing their faculties.
In order to solve these situations, Neki offers different devices that allow acting quickly before falls, disoriented people or other types of incidents that, in the most serious cases, can even cause death if one does not act quickly.
Thus, the device sends different notifications alerting of events in the three most problematic areas:
- Exits from the safety zone (disorientations)
- Pressing the SOS button
With the first clients, we realized that every older person and situation is different. That's why we offer a variety of innovative GPS devices and accessories that adapt to the everyday life of our elders. On the one hand, to have a solution for each case, and on the other hand to dignify the third age.
Rafael Ferrer Sánchez
Emprendedor, soñador, formador y start-ups lover!
Emprendedor en @nekiglobal, @10labs, @fidelizoo, @scalabble,... devorador de tecnología. Fail fast, fail often, fail cheap ;-)
Raúl Novoa Mínguez
+10 años de experiencia como CTO. Fundador de Neki, 10labs, fidelizoo. Antes consultor para grandes compañías (Comex, Hiberus, Gob. Aragón)
Business Development Director Países Nórdicos
Desarrollador Full Stack
Business Development Director Italia
Alejandro Ramón Gracia
Desarrollador de software
Business Development & Marketing Portugal
Cristina Hernández Aldana
Procesos de Negocio & B2C
Mercedes Gorriz Quintin
Desarrollo comercial y ventas
Jorge García Mastral
Pedro Romero Serrano
Top Seeds Lab
Reasons to invest in Neki View more data
Great investment opportunities are emerging in the ageing sector, we tell you why Neki is a good investment choice.
- Less and fewer people are born and we live longer. This has caused the demographic structure of the population to change: we are an ageing population.
- The "silver economy", referring to the grey hair of the ageing population, is destined to be one of the economies of the future.
- In this market, there are great challenges to manage this situation, but also great business opportunities to respond to the demand of the elderly.
- It is a growing market, consumer of solutions that provide quality of life and therefore, a great business opportunity in our hands.
- Validated product and business model. In 2017 in Spain, we reached positive EBITDA and in 2018 we launched a round of financing of €130,000 to continue growing.
- Since then, we have worked well and now we have more than 1,500 families using our locators.
- In Italy this year we are already being profitable and we have started the expansion in Sweden and Portugal. You can see the following websites: neki.es, neki.it, neki.se and neki.pt
- We have a very high usage rate, families enter the app almost daily.
- The low rate is very small. Once we are bought and tested, they are only removed for three reasons: because the elderly person dies, because they become too dependent and can't leave the house or because they end up being sent to a residence.
- Our MRR or number of active clients is increasing month by month since we started. We are attracting more and more clients and yet very few families are leaving.
We are very focused on the elderly and therefore we are the only ones to have these different formats of non-stigmatizing localizers (watches, pendants, belts, etc.).
This has helped us to differentiate ourselves, to create customized solutions for our elders and to validate the product and business model to particular families through the Internet.
Thanks to this, throughout 2018, the 6 large Teleassistance companies have contacted us proactively to collaborate. After several months of testing and development, several of them have already integrated us in their catalogue and now we are the only ones to have a platform oriented to Teleassistance companies.
Teleassistance companies operate in a particularly competitive market, so they continually try to innovate more to strengthen their specialization in the care of the elderly and improve the quality of care. And since we are a solution that improves the "traditional red button", they have contacted us to integrate us into their services and replace or complement it with our devices. We have a very interesting window of opportunity in this area, due to the following reasons:
With the recent reform of the teleassistance laws, this type of locators is now allowed in public tenders, as a support for the elderly. For now, there are few companies that offer such a variety of locators and with a platform already developed and compatible for telecare.
Thanks to the technological advances of the last few years, Neki's technology allows these locators to be small enough to fit in everyday accessories and cheap enough to be affordable in the competitive field of telecare.
After more than 8 months of developing the teleassistance platform, and several months of testing, we have earned the trust of these companies.
There will be a technological revolution in the field of telecare and home help; our goal is to be one of the protagonists of this change. In order to achieve this, our objective is to grow rapidly and to establish ourselves as the main suppliers of all the large ones.
Who is the reference investor?
About Ship2B-Equity4GoodDesde Ship2B gestionamos el vehículo Equity4Good, coinvertido por el Fondo Europeo de Inversión, para invertir en las startups de impacto social que son aceleradas en nuestros programas. Además, contamos con la primera red de inversión de impacto formada por business angels, family offices, plataformas de crowdequity y entidades de venture capital.
- YEARS INVESTING IN STARTUPS:+3years
- Euros INVESTED:1,85M
“After following the company since its birth, I have seen how the team has demonstrated a great ability to build in a very short time a brand recognized and valued by customers, with billing and metrics very attractive. As the market they go to (furniture, complements and decoration) is huge worldwide and where the online segment still has a great growth ahead, I have no doubt that the team they have formed may be able to position itself and create a brand of reference in the sector.”
It has also invested in...
Opportunity analysis Last update Jan 21, 2020 10:46:58 AM
The regulations governing Startupxplore's activity require that no investor is in possession of more information than the rest. Therefore, this section will provide answers to any questions asked by an investor about the opportunity.
If you have any doubts or questions about the startup, the process or any other aspect please write to us at email@example.com