What is Runator?
Runator is the global runner community, share running experiences, meet new runners, participate in fun duels, enjoy global races and much more.
Regardless the running app you use, Runator syncs automatically every running workout from the most popular running apps like Runtastic, Runkeeper, Strava, Samsung Health, MapMyRun, Nike+, SportsTracker, or GPS watches like Polar Personal Trainer, PolarFlow o Garmin.
Runator brings a new concept, global races. Using the technology created, allows runner to be part of a running race, with the same bib, same leaderboard but running from everywhere in the world.
Does the Spanish investment fiscal deduction on startups apply? Yes.
WHY INVEST IN RUNATOR?
- Runator has an excellent team gathering international experience both in large corporations and startups in USA (SmartGift, Odyssey Networks) and Spain (Indra, Sopra, Antena 3 TV, Strands)
- Running has grown globally and the also all the business models around it. There is now a great opportunity due to the fact that sport brand have acquired the top running apps.
- Runator has a validated product that engages its users as it show that retention is almost double of average mobile apps.
- Runator premium and freemium model have had more than 3.000 paying users since it launched in 2017.
- Runator, by june 25th 2017 has more than 114.370 downloads and user interactions has grown 30% monthly in the past 3 months and an average number of monthly active users of 9.519 in Spain.
- LaLiga, Bankinter, Lilly or Maratón de Valencia are recurring clients of our B2B service Global Races.
- Runator is the perfect match to running apps, it complements them generating social interactions among users going beyond the running activity and understanding social habits.
- Runator has been selected by Google as one of 7 top spanish startups to participate in their collaborative program Campus Residency to grow B2C models starting september 2017.
CEO at Runator. Entrepreneur, runner, technology lover.
CMO at Runator. Entrepreneur & Digital Marketing Strategist
CTO at Runator & Ph.D. in Computer Science
Chema Escriva Bosca
Ignacio Mayol de Tord
Jaime Alarcia Bermejo
Plug and Play Spain
Google Campus Madrid
Plug and Play Spain
Who is the reference investor?
Ignacio Mayol de Tord
About Ignacio Mayol de TordIgnacio Mayo es un inversor y asesor de startups digitales. Ha invertido en diversas startups como WUAKI.TV (exit por venta al grupo nipón Rakuten), 8FIT (exit por venta en mercado secundario), 21buttons, Kviar y Roomonitor entre otras. Es un inversor que ha visto el crecimiento de grandes productos desde su inicio.
- Years: 7
- Investments: 9
- Exits: 2
Runator has a huge potential and it covers real needs, that today the big players are not doing with their technology. The team is amazing with the right expertise and have understood how to define a product and service that market fit and a scalable business model B2C and B2B that generate recurring revenue. They earned my trust seeing how hard they work and the results we have had since I joined the project that is why I decided to support them again.
After launching a new version of Runator app in December 2016, metrics such as active users, interactions, time spent in the app have confirmed the success in the differential value of Runator and how users have adapted to its new features that to share personal content and not only based on running activities. The community is, based on my criteria, unique and has a relevant value for brands, owners of technology that tracks running activities and even publishers who have interest in spanish-speaking countries and that it matches the current focus of the company. Besides this, I must say it was a positive surprise that important clients such as LaLiga, Bankinter, Lilly&Co and other have proved their interest in purchasing again a new product of the company.
The community created is, under my criteria, unique, and has a relevant value for the brands, owners of technology of registry of races, and also the publishers, who have interest in the Hispanic market, in which the company has centered its attention. Apart from the above, I must say it has pleasantly surprised me how the B2B product and business model has defined fit with large clients such as LaLiga, Bankinter, Lilly and Co, and others, who have expressed interest in contracting the product again.